Can’t hire a trainer because you are out of town? Our latest workouts give you great benefits of your favorite class right from the laptop. Sculpt, burn and tone! Our excellent training programs will whip you into a perfect shape in no time.
Those who are short of time can take benefits out of our 20 minutes workout programs. You will also find out how to add size to your shoulders plus read special bodyweight workout for men.
Choose one of our training plans. Print it to use at home or bring it to the gym. Build your custom workout right now.
Table of Contents
2 Perfect Programs
Celebrities hire the best nutritionists and trainers that money can buy. Feel like a star! We’ve scored the same information for you – for free!
No time? Read our fast workout plan to burn fat in just 20 minutes. Think it’s for beginners? Think again! Short workouts are not for beginners anymore. The key secret is to use most of your time by increasing the training intensity. It means you must work hard, follow the best workout schedule and move quickly. In such a way you will torch fat and build muscle.
Workout Program 1
- Barbell Row – 3 sets of 8 reps.
Serious bodybuilders rely on barbell row for back mass and strength
- Step 1. Bend your knees slightly while holding a barbell. Keep the back straight until it is parallel to the floor. Make sure the barbell is directly in front of you. Keep the head up. This will be your starting position.
- Step 2. While keeping the torso stationary, lift the barbell to you. Make sure that you keep the elbows close to your body. Hold for a brief pause at the top contracted position. Inhale and lower the barbell back to the starting position.
- Romanian Deadlift – 3 sets of 8 reps.
- Step 1. Grab the barbell using a pronated grip. Bend your knees slightly and keep your back straight. This will be a starting position.
- Step 2. Make sure your back and arms are completely straight. Lift the bar as you exhale. The movement you do should be steady and under control. Lower the bar by slightly bending the knees and pushing the hips back.
Push Press – 3 sets of 8 reps.Idea
Home workouts can be as effective as training in the gym. Jump ropes, dumbbells are not expensive and you can use them for your exercise regimen. Efficient workouts don’t need to be time-consuming. Here is the main secret: The only efficient workout is the one you will actually follow multiple times per week. It can be fun, quick, portable and inexpensive.
- Front Barbell Squat – 4 sets of 5 reps.
- Step 1. To begin with, bring the arms up under the bar keeping the elbows high. Your upper arm should be slightly above parallel to the floor. Then rest the bar on top of the deltoids. Grasp the bar with your arms crossed.
- Step 2. Lift the bar of the rack. Step away from the rack. Keep your head up and maintain a straight back. This is your starting position.
- Step 3. Bend the knees and set your hips as though you are sitting in a chair. Slowly lower the bar. Continue down. Begin to raise the bar as you exhale and go back to the starting position.
Workout Program 2
Dumbbell Floor Press – 3 sets of 8 reps.
Equipment to use: dumbbell.
Main muscle worked: triceps.
Other muscles worked: chest, shoulders.
- Step 1. Lay on the floor (carpet surface) holding dumbbells in the hands. Pay attention, knees can be bent. Start with weights fully extended above you.
- Step 2. Lower the dumbbells until the upper arm comes in contact with the mat (floor).
- Step 3. Pause at the bottom and bring the dumbbells at the top by extending through the elbows.
- Chin-up – 3 sets of 8 reps.
- Step 1. Grab the pull-up bar with the hands facing the torso. Keep your torso as straight as possible when holding the bar. This will be your starting position.
- Step 2. Breathe out and pull your torso up. Keep in mind, the head should be around the level of the pull-up bar. Then slowly lower your torso back to your starting position. Repeat this motion as needed.
- Sliding Leg Curl – 3 sets of 8 reps.
- Step 1. Lay –face up – on your back, legs extended. Place a towel underneath your heel. Keep your hips in line with the torso. This is your starting position.Sliding leg curls can be progressed to match your strength level
- Step 2. Start the movement by flexing your knee. Your other leg should be straight. Continue performing the exercise by bringing the heel close to you while sliding it on the floor. To return to the starting position, reverse the movement.
- Step 1. Lay –face up – on your back, legs extended. Place a towel underneath your heel. Keep your hips in line with the torso. This is your starting position.
Why not eliminate extra fat around your middle? More information on how to score six-pack abs you can find here.
How to avoid the dreaded “plateau”
Whether you are trying to lose weight or build mass, the dreaded plateau can cause frustration and confusion. You should be moving forward but you seem to be stuck. There are ways to avoid the plateau and keep moving forward, but you have to be willing to be creative and change things up on a regular basis.
Mix things up
The reason you plateau is that your body becomes accustomed to the same routines performed at the same times on the same days. If you don’t want to plateau, you have to keep your body and your muscles guessing.
- Don’t work out at the same time every day.
- Do switch up the activities in each workout.
- Change the number of reps and weights with every workout (instead of 10 do 15 reps/pounds).
- Vary the intensity of your workouts.
Even small changes will break up the monotony and keep your body out of the rut a regular routine can often create. Add a few treadmill workouts to lose weight in between your normal exercise times.
Rest when your body least expects it
Your body needs to rest. During sleep, your body performs many housekeeping measures, like making small repairs, building new muscle tissue, and boosting your immune system. Just like with exercise, resting on the same day for the same amount of time, can create a routine that your body falls into. Vary your bedtime by 30 minutes. Take a nap during the day if you need one. Power naps can give your mind a break and will actually give you an energy boost to help you get through the rest of the day.
Support your workout with the right supplements
Once you have your meal plan and workout, you will need to choose the right supplements that will offer you the nutritional support you need. Choosing the good supplements will help, depending on what you are trying to achieve and how fast you want to reach your goals.
Which supplements work best with which workouts
If you want to learn how to get ripped in a month, the first thing you need to do is to find the supplements that can help you accomplish your goals.
A good supplement needs to:
- Work quickly and efficiently.
- Digest easily with little or no waste.
- Provide the nutrients you need in the right amounts at the right time.
- Improve your metabolism.
Some supplements will work better than others. Each person responds differently to supplements and exercise, so it’s up to you to find out which one will work best for you.
Blend supplements in with your diet
To get the most out of your diet and your supplement, you need to know what your diet is lacking and then find the supplement that best fills in the gaps. If you tried to get all of your nutrients from the food you eat, the number of calories you would consume would be outrageously high. Eat healthy foods to take in the number of calories your body needs to work out but use supplements to make up for the rest. The right supplement will give you just what you need without overloading you with the things you don’t.
Best workout to build muscular size of your shoulders
Are you in search of best workout routine that can add size to your shoulders? Try our excellent fore-move workout to build size and strengths of your shoulders in no-time.
- Feet elevated push up – 5 sets of 10 reps.
Lie on the floor face down placing the hands shoulder-width apart from each other. Place the toes on top of a flat bench. Lower yourself slowly –as you inhale – until your chest almost touches the floor. Breathe out and press your upper body back up to your starting position. Repeat the movement for the necessary amount of repetitions and rest for 2 minutes.
Dumbbell Overhead Press – 5 sets of 8 reps.
Sit on a bench holding a dumbbell in each hand. Place the dumbbells on top of your sights. Raise the dumbbells – one at a time – to shoulder height. Exhale and push them upward toward the ceiling. Pause, and then slowly return the dumbbells to the starting position. Repeat the movement for the necessary amount of repetitions and rest for 2 minutes.Important
Dumbbell Overhead Press can be performed while standing or sitting on a regular flat bench. Have back problems? Then choose sitting-on-the-bench version which is the best for those with lower back problems.
Face Pull – 4 sets of 15 reps.
Attach a dual handle or a rope to a cable adjusted to shoulder height. Pull the weight directly towards the face, separating your hands. Then bring the elbows back. Repeat the movement for the necessary amount of repetitions and rest for one minute.
- Dumbbell Lateral Raise – 4 sets of 15 reps.
To begin with grasp the barbells – one in each hand – while standing with proper posture. Lift the dumbbells out to your side with a slight bend in your elbows. Continue to go up until the arms are parallel to the ground. Then slowly lower the dumbbells back down to your starting position.
How to get ripped fast without going to gym? Read here to know.
Bodyweight workouts for men
Want to build muscle? You can do it using bodyweight exercises. We designed a special routine which can be performed up to three times per week. We recommend leaving one rest day between your training days. Those who need more recovery time can rest two or three days.
Get up to 50 reps per set, depending on the exercise you perform. If you are able to achieve this you can make your workout routine more difficult.
- Push ups – 1 set of 50 reps.
The exercise is performed in a prone position by raising and lowering the body using your arms. Keep in mind to increase your strengths you need to follow push-up workout.
- Inverted Row – 1 set of 50 reps.
For this exercise, you can use a smith machine or place a bar in a rack to about waist height. Position yourself hanging underneath the bar. Make sure your body is straight with your arms fully extended and with your heels on the ground. This is your starting position. Begin by pulling the chest towards the bar. Pause at the top of the motion. Then return to the starting position.
Jump Squats – 1 set of 50 reps.
Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart. Bend your knees. Make sure your back is straight. Jump upwards reaching as high as you can. Land yourself in the same position. Swing your arms back and repeat the next step.Actual
Want to make jump squats more challenging? Then hold a pair of dumbbells while performing this exercise. What’s more you can increase the difficulty of jump squats by standing on one leg when you jump.
- Plank – 1 set for 2 minutes.
Position yourself in the push-up position on the ground. Bend the elbows and rest your weight on your forearms. Make sure the elbows are directly beneath the shoulders. Hold a straight-line position for 2 minutes.
- Burpees – 1 set of 50 reps.
Stand straight on the ground. Then lower into a squat position with your hands on the ground in front of you. Kick the feet back into a push-up position and drop the chest to the ground. Return to squat as quickly as possible. Jump up into the air as high as possible. Add a little clap.
- Chest dips – 1 set of 50 reps.
Start by holding the body at arms lengths above the parallel bars. Breathe in and lower yourself slowly. As you breathe out to bring your body back – using your chest – to the starting position.
- Chin up – 1 set of 50 reps.
- Bulgarian split squat – 1 set of 25 reps (each leg).
Grab and hold the pair of dumbbells. Position your left foot in front of your right. Place your back foot on a bench. When doing the exercise note your front knee should be slightly bent.
You will always have time to get ripped, add size and strength to your body even when you have no time at all. Try the above workouts, perform our exercises just 3 times per week and tone your whole body.
You can find further details of Get Ripped here.