Best Meal Plans for Building Muscle: Sample Plans and Recipes
Bodybuilders know – food is necessary to gain muscle. To obtain defined muscles you need to eat lean proteins complemented with healthy fats and complex carbohydrates. When it comes to making a healthy diet plan, it can be really difficult to know where to begin and how to get that lean muscle.
Don’t skip meals. If you don’t eat the right way it will be harder to get ripped. Plan your workout and post workout menu with us. Find out what foods can help you to build muscle. Try our speedy diet plans and post-workout recipes and build your muscle today.
Table of Contents
- Meal plan for 2 days
- Sample plans and best foods to eat: Your Best Diet Plan
- Excellent, mass-gaining diet plan for men
Meal plan for 2 days
Having a ripped body is a dream that many men have. No matter, how hard you train in the gym, without proper dietary regimen you will not achieve good results. The key is to eat the right things at the right times. Below there are the main components of the good diet plan.
To get ripped you need to:
- Get protein food to keep your metabolism high and maintain your muscle mass.
- Limit carbohydrate intake to only high quality sources.
- Include an adequate level of healthy fats through nuts, oils and lean meats to deliver healthy nutrients and enhance satiety.
- Introduce a variety of vegetables containing crucial minerals and vitamins and additional fiber.
- Load up with sufficient fiber to increase fat burning and satiety.
- Breakfast: 3 whole eggs, one cup of oats with cinnamon.
- Snack: 2 scoops protein, 2-3 tbsp. natural peanut butter.
- Lunch: 1 cup brown rice, 6 oz chicken or fish, 2 tbsp. natural peanut butter.
- Snack: one cup non-fat Greek yogurt, 2 oz sliced almonds.
- Dinner: 4 oz. chicken with 2 servings of whole wheat pasta.
- Snack: 2 scoops whei protein, 1 tbsp. protein.
To build muscle, drink at least 64 oz. water a day. Your body is compromised of 70% water a lot of which goes toward your lean muscle. If you are drinking the recommended amount of water it will be easier for the muscle to grow and strengthen.
- Breakfast: ½ cup oatmeal, 3 whole eggs, ½ cup skim milk.
- Snack: 2 scoops whei protein, two tablespoons natural peanut butter, ½ cup skim milk.
- Lunch: whole wheat bread (2 slices), slices of deli turkey (6 oz), lettuce, tomato.
- Snack: one can white tuna with two slices whole-wheat bread.
- Dinner: 1 cup broccoli, 6 oz. lean sirloin steak, two cups mixed green salad, one medium sweet potato.
- Snack: 1 medium banana.
What are the best supplements specifically designed for serious lifters? Interested? Read this.
Sample plans and best foods to eat: Your Best Diet Plan
Those who want to get ripped must have well-defined muscles and low amount of body fat. Have extra fat to lose? Then you need to cut the calories. Remember, 1 pound is 3,500 calories. If you will reduce your daily intake by 500 calories you will lose 1 pound a week.
How to build a meal program that you can enjoy while still getting yourself healthier and leaner? How to build the program that can help you to get ripped and control calories? The answer is as simple as that: Consume a wide variety of low calorie density and high nutrient density foods.
Here is a list of best foods to eat. Include them into your diet plan and get ripped in no time.
Top 10 natural whole grain and starchy carbs
- Brown rice,
- Sweet potatoes,
- 100% whole wheat bread,
- Multi grain hot cereal,
- White potatoes,
- Cream of rice hot cereal,
- 100% whole wheat pasta.
Top 10 lean proteins
- Chicken Breast,
- Egg whites,
- Turkey Breast,
- Whey or Casein protein,
- Salmon (wild Alaskan),
- Top round steak,
- Lean Ground Turkey,
- Flank Steak,
Top 10 vegetables
- Salad greens,
Why not to get ripped for less than two weeks? Follow our 30 days plan here.
Top 10 fruits
So what a diet for getting ripped must include? If you think there is 1 single diet that is going to get you marvelous results, then you are wrong. However, there are a great number of good diet setups out that anyone can follow to achieve the goals.
Each week of effective diet plan must schedule a carb and calorie slash. When it comes to protein it should stay steady, so you don’t risk sacrificing your muscle. Here is our sample diet plan that includes best products for getting ripped.
Sample Plan 1
- Breakfast: 4 egg whites, 2 whole eggs, one cup Kashi Go Lean Cereal, one cup low fat milk.
- Snack: 1 scoop whei protein, one tbsp. peanut butter, one medium banana.
- Lunch: two slices of whole-wheat bread, one can white tuna, one tablespoon fat free mayonnaise.
- Snack: 3 hard-boiled eggs, ¼ cup oatmeal, 10 oz. fresh spinach, 2 tbsp. olive oil.
- Dinner: 10 oz. green beans, 1 cup brown rice, 9 oz. Tilapia.
- Night-time snack: one scoop casein protein.
Consume 6 to 11 servings of foods that include carbohydrates – cereal, bread, pasta or rice – to provide energy to the body. These foods are more nutritious and will keep you feeling full for longer.
Sample Plan 2
- Breakfast: 3 egg whites, 3 whole eggs, 1 cup oatmeal, one cup strawberries.
- Snack: one oz. nuts, mixed, 1 scoop whei protein.
- Lunch: two slices whole-wheat bread, six oz. turkey deli meat, 1 tbsp. mustard.
- Snack: 6 whole-wheat crackers, one can sardines in oil, 2 scoops whei protein.
- Dinner: 1 cup broccoli, eight oz. top sirloin steak, two cups mixed green salad, two tablespoons vinegar dressing.
- Snack: one scoop casein protein, one tablespoon peanut butter.
Feel uncomfortable with your body? Why not to try our excellent workout plan and get ripped in a month.
Excellent, mass-gaining diet plan for men
Try one of these excellent diet plans to maximize your gains. And follow our post-workout recipes.
Mass Gaining diet Plan
- Breakfast: 120g. old fashioned oatmeal – ½ cups, uncooked; two omega-3 whole eggs, one cup egg whites, one tablespoon all-natural peanut butter.
- Snack: one cup blueberries or strawberries, two cups cottage cheese, low-fat.
- Lunch: two slices of whole-wheat bread, one small sweet potato – 150 g, measured, uncooked, 6 oz. turkey breast, ½ tomato, medium; large leaf spinach, unlimited; mustard.
- Pre-workout snack: one scoop whei isolate protein of choice, 4 small strawberries, ½ large banana.
- Post-workout snack: 1 ½ scoops whei isolate protein of choice, 50g fast-digesting carb.
- Dinner: eight oz. lean-fat trimmed pork chop, 400g acorn squash, one tablespoon organic virgin coconut oil, 340g green veggie of choice.
- Snack: 10 almonds, crushed; 1 tablespoon sugar-free chocolate syrup, 8 oz. non-fat Oikos Greek yogurt, plain; one tablespoon all-natural peanut butter.
Nutrient Breakdown: 3,040 Cal. 60g fiber, 271g. protein, 323g. carbs.
Rest Day Diet Plan
- Breakfast: ¾ cup egg whites, one cup (80 g.) old-fashioned oatmeal, measured; four omega-3 whole eggs, one tablespoon virgin coconut oil.
- Snack: one scoop whey protein isolate of choice, 4 tbsp. salsa, two cups low-fat cottage cheese.
- Lunch: 2 slices of whole-wheat bread, large leaf spinach, unlimited, 6 oz. turkey breast (not packaged), mustard, ½ tomato, medium.Protein effectively helps to repair and build muscle
- Snack: 6 oz. deli chicken breast – sliced – wrapped around cheese, two mozzarella sticks.
- Dinner: eight oz. salmon (filet), 75g. sweet potato, uncooked, 16 oz. California Medley Mix, one; one tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil.
- Snack: 10 oz. non-fat Greek yogurt, one tablespoon sugar-free chocolate syrup, ten almonds, crushed; one tablespoon all-natural peanut butter.
Excellent post-workout meals
Those who want to start the muscle building process should know the process requires a quick dose of the right carbohydrates and protein. You cannot always rely on rice, chicken and plain protein shakes. We recommend choosing a wide variety of nutrient-dense foods. To get results try these excellent post-workout meals.
- Protein pancakes
- 4 egg whites,
- ½ cup cottage cheese,
- ½ cup rolled oats,
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract,
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder.
How to do: Mix all ingredients. Cook – on medium to low heat – until it bubbles, then flip and cool. Top protein pancakes with fresh banana or berries slices.Important
Those who want to get ripped must eat quality post-workout food. This is crucial if you desire to make gains. To optimize your training results, replace glycogen and amino acids lost during your workout.
- Tuna and Crackers
- a can of yellow fin tuna,
- ½ cup whole grain crackers, crushed up.
How to do: Mix the ingredients. For flavor, add a dab of extra virgin oil, pepper, mustard and pickles, chopped up.
- High-Protein Oats On-the-Go
- 1 or 2 scoops of whei protein powder,
- ½ cup of rolled oats,
- ½ cup of fruit, dried or frozen and slivered almonds.
How to do: Mix the ingredients. Add ½ cup of skim milk and let it sit overnight in the refrigerator. To add more flavors add cinnamon.
There are hundreds of excellent foods to build muscle. To get ripped, choose foods that can help cover different nutritional needs. Remember a diet high in protein and lower in carbs is a reliable method to get ripped. Plan your meal around fruits, vegetables and lean sources of protein.
In such a way you will improve muscle tone and keep that sculpted body.
You can find further details of Get Ripped here.